Monday, April 18, 2011

Enduring Style: Lauren Bacall


Image by Annie Leibovitz for Vanity Fair

Lauren Bacall is 86 years old and still as sassy as ever. The image above was taken
by Annie Leibovitz. Vanity Fair recently published an interview with her, here
I had to ask myself, after reading the article, if I liked her more or less for it. In the end, 
I decided it doesn't really matter. Her attitude, quite plainly, is "I am who I am, take it or leave it".  
It was exactly what I expected.

My first introduction to her was in the film How to Marry a Millionaire
A film that I can watch over and over again. 


She was married to Humphrey Bogart (1945- 1957) and
 Jason Robards (1961-1969)  and had a brief engagement to Frank Sinatra (1957).
She has been living in the same apartment, the Dakota, on Manhattan's
Upper West Side since 1961. She is a New York gal through and through.


Was she a beauty of her time? I think so.
She knew what worked for her and stayed with it.
The hair, eyes, brows, lips and those cheekbones.
To appreciate the images fully, is to see them in technicolor....


I particularly like the following.
You get to see the woman behind the woman.


Bravo to Lauren Bacall...for keeping it real.


How about you, a fan?

images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...